What is the Mixed Tense? Definition, Types and Mixed Tenses Example Sentences
Table of Contents
There are three tenses for verbs: past, present, and future. Things that have already occurred are described in the past (e.g., earlier in the day, yesterday, last week, three years ago). Things that are happening right now or that are ongoing are described in the present tense. Things that haven’t happened yet are described in the future tense (e.g., later, tomorrow, next week, next year, three years from now).
Mixed Tenses Example Sentences
- Andy is too tired because he has been working all day.
- By 1960 most of Britain’s old colonies had become
- My uncle broke his leg when he was skiing last weekend.
- Did you have a nice time in South Korea with your friend?
- Have you finished your homework yet?
- My brother has been at his computer for four hours.
- How long has your daughter had that car?
- How many people died in the earthquake in 1999 in Turkey?
- I don’t know very much about martial art, but I like watching them.
- I thought I had been waiting for ages when finally our bus arrived.
- I received a postcard from my best childhood friend Elsa yesterday morning.
- I have been correcting all morning, I am exhausted!
- I have never been sailing, what is it like?
- It was not too late actually. But most of the shops had closed
- It was raining when I tried to get up on the bed this morning.
- My old sister is starting a new well-paid job in August.
- My best friend is having a great time in New York City at the moment.
- My mother and my grandmother were cooking dinner when I and my father arrived.
- My sister has just come back from her university where is in the United States.
- My husband is free for most of the afternoon on Monday.
- The children were tired because they had been swimming in the pool all afternoon with us.
- They are going to spend seven weeks in the USA.
- We can use the car right now, I have repaired it twenty minutes ago.
- I and my friends were tired because we had been to a graduation party the night before.
- We were too late for the plane because of the traffic, it had just left.
- When I got to the airport I realize that I had forgotten my passport and my wallet at home.
- As soon as they arrived we had dinner.
- When they were driving at home last Saturday night they said they saw a terrible and scary car accident.
- Where does Jones live right now?
- Who is your best friend talking to during the time break?